How can we help you?
At Rehoboth Beach Dental, we believe that every patient should be informed about their dental care. We strongly encourage questions, and we promise to go over our procedures and services with you beforehand so that you can have all the facts before you make important decisions about your dental health care.
We are happy to provide the answers to some common questions that many patients have about both their dental care and Rehoboth Beach Dental. If your question is not here or if you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (302) 226-7960.
Complete & Partial Dentures
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Dental implants can be an alternative to dentures in some cases. The practicality of replacing dentures or partials with dental implants will depend on how many teeth need to be replaced. Some insurance providers will cover dentures and not dental implant restorations, which could make the cost prohibitive for some people. We can discuss your options with you and help you come up with a solution that will fit your needs and your lifestyle.
To learn more about whether dentures or dental implants are right for you, please contact our Rehoboth Beach office.
Dentures in Rehoboth Beach, DE
Proper denture care will keep your dentures in excellent shape for years as well as help prevent problems with gum irritation and bad breath.
- Clean your dentures at least once a day with either soap and water or a cleanser specifically designed for dentures.
- Only use brushes and pastes that are made for use with dentures. Regular toothpaste and toothbrushes are abrasive and can scratch your dentures.
- Do not use hot water to rinse, clean, or soak your dentures. Heat can damage your dentures and cause warping.
- Whenever your dentures are not in your mouth, they should be stored out of the reach of children and pets and kept moist. Letting your dentures dry out can cause damage.
- Be very careful to never let your dentures fall. Use extra caution when you are cleaning your dentures and they are slippery. Placing a towel around the sink will help to protect your dentures in case they do slip. If your dentures fall, please give us a call so that we can check the fit and make sure that they are not damaged.
If you have any questions about how to care for your dentures, are experiencing any problems with your dentures, or want to be fitted for dentures, please contact our local office in Rehoboth Beach to schedule an appointment.
Check the Severity of the Damage to Your Dentures
Accidents happen. We will need to check your dentures for damage and make sure that they are still fitting correctly. If your dentures are damaged, we will attempt to adjust them, but depending on the severity of the damage, it may be necessary to fit you for new dentures.
If any accidents happen, we will get you in fast for an appointment to evaluate your dentures. Call us at our Rehoboth Beach location or fill out this contact form to make an appointment.