How should I care for my dentures?
Proper denture care will keep your dentures in excellent shape for years as well as help prevent problems with gum irritation and bad breath.
- Clean your dentures at least once a day with either soap and water or a cleanser specifically designed for dentures.
- Only use brushes and pastes that are made for use with dentures. Regular toothpaste and toothbrushes are abrasive and can scratch your dentures.
- Do not use hot water to rinse, clean, or soak your dentures. Heat can damage your dentures and cause warping.
- Whenever your dentures are not in your mouth, they should be stored out of the reach of children and pets and kept moist. Letting your dentures dry out can cause damage.
- Be very careful to never let your dentures fall. Use extra caution when you are cleaning your dentures and they are slippery. Placing a towel around the sink will help to protect your dentures in case they do slip. If your dentures fall, please give us a call so that we can check the fit and make sure that they are not damaged.